字体:大 中 小
护眼
关灯
上一页
目录
下一章
01 恋爱与婚姻 (第9/9页)
ut do you think divorce is good for us? don't you care even a bit about the sentiment between us?
雪莉:但是你认为离婚就对我们好?你难道一点也不在乎我们之间的感情吗?
andrew: but the fact is that we always hold different opinions. sometimes we even quarrel several times in one day. i can't bear it any more.
安德鲁:但事实是我们总是意见不一致。有时我们甚至一天要吵几次架。我再也不能忍受了。
sherry: we quarrel because you don't understand me. you only care about your own feeling.
雪莉:我们吵架是因为你不理解我,你只在意自己的感受。
andrew: maybe it is because we have different dispositions and views of life. we are just not suitable to stay together.
安德鲁:或许是因为我们有着不同的性格和生活观念。我们在一起并不合适。
sherry: you are just like two different people before and after the marriage. you always comforted and pleased me when we were in love. but what i can see all day is your cloudy face after the marriage.
雪莉:你婚前婚后就像是两个人。我们相爱时你经常哄我,让我开心。但婚后我整天能看到的就是你那阴沉的脸。
andrew: i have been too exhausted to love, sherry. you can find one who would love you more.
安德鲁:我已经疲惫得不能再爱了,雪莉。你会遇到更爱你的人的。
sherry: i can understand a saying now: men are always unreliable.
雪莉:我终于理解了一句话:男人是靠不住的。
notes
1. divorce [di?v?:s] n. 离婚,分离; v. 与……离婚,分离
2. bring forward 提出;提议,建议
3. sentiment [?sentim?nt] n.(对怜悯、怀旧等的)柔情;观点,意见
4. disposition [?disp??zi??n] n. 气质,天性,性格;安排,布置
5. exhausted [ig?z?:stid] adj. 耗尽的,用完的;筋疲力尽的,精疲力竭的
6. unreliable [??nri?lai?bl] adj. 不可靠的,不可信任的;不稳定的
小贴士
“离婚”的表达方式:
1. divorce
she has filed a petition for divorce after suffering from long-time domestic violence.
因为长期遭受家庭暴力,她已向法院申请离婚。
2. break up
break up 有“结束一段关系”的意思,比如“结束一段友情,结束一段恋情或者婚姻”。
their marriage broke up last month.
他们上个月离婚了。
3. spill up
they split up after a five-year marriage.
他们结婚长达5年后离婚了。
4. break a marriage
we wouldn't go as far as to break the marriage.
我们还不至于到离婚的地步。